The trend of electric blues and bold lighting in wedding decor is a dynamic and visually stunning choice that can dramatically transform the ambiance of a wedding. This contemporary style pairs exceptionally well with certain musical genres, creating an immersive experience that captivates all senses. In this blog post, we’ll explore how to match this vivid visual theme with corresponding musical styles to create a cohesive and unforgettable wedding atmosphere.
The Electric Blues Aesthetic:
Electric blues, as a color, is vibrant, energetic, and modern. It’s often used in lighting to create a mood that is both sophisticated and spirited. When combined with innovative lighting techniques, such as LED displays or intelligent lighting systems, it creates an environment that is both futuristic and romantic.
Matching Musical Styles:
- Electronic Dance Music (EDM): The pulsating beats and synthesized sounds of EDM are a natural fit for a wedding theme centered around electric blues and bold lighting. Tracks from artists like Calvin Harris, Avicii, or Zedd can amplify the energy and complement the dynamic visual effects.
- Modern Pop with an Electric Twist: Pop music that incorporates electronic elements can also work well. Think of artists like Dua Lipa or The Weeknd, whose music blends pop sensibilities with electric sounds, matching the vibrancy of the visual theme.
- Futuristic R&B and Soul: R&B and soul music with a modern, electronic influence can add a smooth and sensual touch to the atmosphere. Artists like Frank Ocean or FKA Twigs, known for their innovative use of electronic sounds in soul music, can offer a perfect auditory counterpart to the electric blue theme.
- Indie Electronic: For a more laid-back or eclectic vibe, indie electronic bands like M83 or Chvrches offer a blend of dreamy melodies and synthetic beats, aligning well with the bold and contemporary theme.
- Classic Blues with a Modern Twist: To tie in the ‘blues’ aspect more literally, consider incorporating modern blues artists who infuse traditional blues with electric and rock elements, such as Gary Clark Jr. or Joe Bonamassa. Here is my modern blues band “Blue Train Blues.”
One innovative idea is to synchronize the lighting effects with the music. For example, during a dance number, the lights could pulse and change colors in time with the beat, enhancing both the visual and auditory experience.
The combination of electric blues and bold lighting with corresponding musical styles creates a powerful and cohesive wedding theme. It’s a celebration not just of love, but of contemporary aesthetics and the harmonious blending of sight and sound. By carefully selecting music that complements the visual elements, couples can ensure their wedding is not only a joyous occasion but a sensory experience that will be remembered for years to come.